Sunday 1 January 2017

Building A Simple 1/56 Steam Engine...

Hey All!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! (Well here in Oz it is already)...
I had a side project related to my VSF stuff bubbling ney simmering along thanks to a Kickstarter I followed in late 2015!
Anyway I had a look at it when rain was interuting the Boxing isn't VSF enough for me..." so I decided to build a suitable steam engine...
Parts required
* Plastic tube
* Styrene plastic
* Applicator thingee off an old glue tube
* Sewing pins
* Paper clip
* Glue, black and brassy paint...

The bits...

A few minutes later after a bit of sanding, cutting and gluing...

Half an hour later after painting...

Lastly a 28mm figure looking suspiciously like Captain Smith inspecting the finished product...

Now I could easily have detailed the hell out of this engine; a couple of styrene bands around it for reinforcing and some parts like a furnace box or big round goggle eye at the ends for completeness but the space this fits into on the kit covers both end of it so such details would be wasted...I'll do that on another occassion...

Next time: back to that VSF Christmas game AAR...

No comments:

Post a Comment